Small Bust Adjustment – Princess Seams
In this post, you’ll see how to do it when your pattern has princess seams.
1. Pin your sample horizontally across the front area where the excess is and measure the amount you’ve pinned.
2. Come back to the pattern and mark where you pinned it. Separate the front and the side panels of your princess seam.
3. Slash the side panel open towards the side seam but stop just before getting there. Allow the apex to overlap the amount you measured in your sample to close out that amount.
4. Then, fold shut the front panel overlapping it that same amount all the way across.
5. You’ll smooth out any lines as needed to make it smooth and continuous.
That’s it! It’s a super easy method, and I recommend this for single-cup adjustments.
This information and more can be found in The Fitting Book. Order your book today through the link below.
Learn the 3-Step Fitting Process:
A) Identify the Fitting Issue.
B) Pin, Cut, & Tape the Fitting Sample.
C) Correct the Sewing Pattern.
The Fitting Book Includes:
My Secret in Diagonal Draglines