Small Bust Adjustment – No Darts or Princess Seams
Most sewing patterns are made with B-cup bust sizes. That means if you have a smaller bust cup size, you’ll likely need to do a small bust adjustment.
In this post, you’ll see how to do it when your pattern has no darts or princess seams.
1. Pin your sample as shown and measure the amount you’ve pinned.
2. Come back to the pattern. On a new paper, trace the entire outside from the Low Point Shoulder (LPS) to the waist and do a little mark where the armhole is. You’ll have a new piece that would be missing the armhole and side seam lines.
3. From that little mark, measure the amount you pinned and mark it coming in from your side seam.
4. From your LPS, pivot your old pattern towards the mark. Draw your new armhole line.
5. From the new armhole, pivot your old pattern to the waist. Draw your new side seam line.
Always remember to true your seams!
This information and more can be found in The Fitting Book. Order your book today through the link below.