Reducing the Front Width from Across the Armholes
What do you do when the “across front” area is too BIG or has too much excess, but you’re happy with the shoulder position?
If you’ve ever had this issue, these are the steps to correct it:
1. Pin your sample on the armhole along the across-front area on both the left and right armholes.
2. Move around to make sure it’s comfortable. When you’re happy, measure the amount you’ve pinned.
3. On your pattern, mark the inner armhole the amount you’ve pinned in the across-front area.
4. This increases the armhole measurement ever so slightly. So you may need to slash and open the sleeve in the same area (to get the sleeve to fit the new armhole).
5. The location where you slash the sleeve is the same area where you adjusted the armhole. So if you walk your sleeve along the armhole to the across-front area, you’ll find the right location to slash.
This information and more can be found in The Fitting Book. Order your book today through the link below.