How to Lower High Armholes – Option 1
In this series of posts, we discuss what to do when the armhole is too high. We all know how those high armholes feel! Not nice at all! 🙄😞😫
Here is option 1 for correcting an armhole that is too high.
1. Notice how the garment feels when you wear it. For example, is the armhole feeling too high, and are you noticing drag lines under the armhole?
2. Notice the darts, princess line, and waistline positions. If you are happy with those positions, this is the correction for you.
3. Pin the amount of the dragline in the underarm area.
4. Lift your arm. If you can still move ok, keep that amount pinned.
5. If you can’t move as freely, reduce the amount pinned.
6. Lower (scoop) the front armhole the same amount and locations you’ve pinned.
7. Lower both the front and back body panels to keep it balanced!
8. Lower the reverse curve area on the sleeve the same amount.
9. Always measure your new armholes/sleeves to make sure they will fit together.
This information and more can be found in The Fitting Book. Order your book today through the link below.