Increasing the Front Width from Across the Armholes
What do you do when the “across front” area is too SMALL, too tight, but you’re happy with the shoulder position?
If you’ve ever had this issue, these are the steps to correct it:
1. Cut your sample on the armhole along the across-front area on both the left and right armholes.
2. Tape and pin the amount that was missing.
3. Move around to make sure it’s comfortable. When you’re happy, measure the amount you’ve taped open.
4. On your pattern, add to the armhole the amount you’ve taped open in the across-front area.
5. This reduces the armhole measurement ever so slightly. So you may need to slash and close the sleeve in the same area (to get the sleeve to fit the new armhole). That’s it! Super easy and quick to correct.
This information and more can be found in The Fitting Book. Order your book today through the link below.