Fixing Armhole Gaping – Shoulder Slope Adjustment
Ready for another super common pattern adjustment in tops? The issue: Gaping Armholes. This is the first in a series of posts that discuss corrections for gaping armholes in different style patterns.
The technique in this post is great to use when there are no princess seams coming from the armhole, and it’s super easy to apply, too!
Here are the steps:
1. Smooth the front fabric up towards the low point shoulder (LPS).
2. On the front body panel only, Pin the excess when it looks better.
3. Measure the amount you’ve pinned and lower only the front shoulder slope.
4. Adjust the sleeve to fit into the new armhole by slashing out that same amount along the cap.
5. In case the garment doesn’t look better after you’ve pinned the shoulder slope area, an alternative correction could be to raise the front armhole only. And when there are princess lines, there are even more options we’ll get to later.
Even small corrections are so worth the effort in making it fit nicer. 🌸🌷🌸
This information and more can be found in The Fitting Book. Order your book today through the link below.